Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The Journey Begins

Today, I took my very first step into making my dream come true.

My name is Ricky, and ever since I was less than four feet tall, my dream has been to write a book and get it published. Today I finally finished writing my first novel. Now, I have to get it ready for publishing.

A little bit more about me: I'm 17, black, panromantic asexual, and a transgender boy living in Florida. I'm originally from South Carolina, and lived most of my years equally separated between Charleston (when I was 5 until I was about 8) and Chapin (when I was about 9 until I was about 13). I dictated my first "book" to my grandmother when I was about three, and she typed it on the computer. Ever since then, I've been a writer.

My novel, titled Bloody Sunday, is the first in the Feline Crime Investigation Unit series. I started writing the novel on November 19th, and finished it today, November 25th. Why so quickly? Easy: NaNoWriMo. This is the first year I've actually participated and even come close to winning (I'm still about 4,000 words away from winning but I can make that up quickly). This is incredibly significant to me for two reasons:

1. A few years ago, I was convinced I wouldn't be alive to see this moment.
2. I've never finished my own original novel before. I've published a novel-length fanfiction, but never a novel with my own original characters.

This is a momentous occasion, and I wanted to share it all with you. The process of self-publishing, thoughts about my book(s), and the writing process will all be documented here. If you'd like, you can follow this blog, or by joining my mailing list via the HTML form below. Thank you for accompanying me on my journey! Joining the mailing list will let you know when my novel is available for purchase.

One more thing: you may be wondering, "Why is this called the tiger's journey?" Well, it might have something to do with my true identity as a tiger...but we'll never know for sure!



Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment